How do you find motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting off your butt? The answer is simple, just do it!
However, it may not be that easy. There are a million ways to motivate yourself to exercise. Here’s a few tried and true that have worked for those who make the commitment everyday to workout, in some way. There are days when even the fittest struggle with exercise – it’s normal. So don’t let it get you down.
Here’s 12 ways to keep yourself healthy, fit and dedicated. You’ll thank yourself everyday! It’s worth it.
- Time for you. While many people make time to take care of others, they don’t often make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “you” time a priority, and don’t miss that exercise appointment.
- Rewards. If you exercise for a few days, give yourself a small reward! A week? Another reward. Do it often in the beginning.
- Set a Goal. Be it for weight, or your waist measurement, or a number of days to work out. Setting and tracking a goal helps motivate you to complete that goal. Make it easily achievable. You often don’t realize how far you’ve come. Take before and after pictures.
- Get It Over With. Before any commitments, work out either in the early morning before or immediately after work. Write it down in your calendar because if your workout is not in your schedule – it does not exist.
- Make a Good Playlist. Music is important. Don’t forget to create a playlist that is going to keep you motivated throughout your work out.
- Buzz Words. Create buzz words before and during your workouts that pump you up to perform at your best. This sports psychology tool is used by profession athletes every day. Some ideas are: “Game on”, “Let’s Roll”, “compete” or “work hard”.
- DO IT. Another thing you will develop when you start to train hard is the confidence in yourself. You will sharpen your mental toughness by pushing your fitness levels each week. Get out and work off that stress. It makes a world of difference.
- Have a workout partner. YOU have to be motivated and when you are motivated to workout you lead by example to your partner. One day he/she will do it for you when you need it the most.
- Get Ready to Work. When you are truly motivated to workout, you will do it! Just like your regular job, you must put in the work to see the results.
- Change It Up. Don’t do the same old workout week after week. One you will get bored with it and two your body will stop responding to it as before. Change up the workout by adding weights, calisthenics, new exercises, new cardio options every month or so.
- Hire a coach or trainer. It’s worth the money, just for the motivation. Plus, you’ll also learn new moves and techniques.
- Have Heart. Ask any coach if they would rather have a group of hard working players with heart or a group of talented players with little heart. Hard work wins every time.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017