Before you begin the buying process, take some time and think about the following questions.
Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you will make. With the recent surge in Long Island home sales, one of the ways to make sure you get the home you want it to have all your ducks in a row.
Here’s 4 questions you should be able to answer as you start or continue your home search:
- Where do you want to live? Try and narrow down a few locations and styles of homes. What is most important when choosing a neighborhood, schools, commute to work, surrounding area. Talk to a few homeowners in the area too so you can get even better insight.
- How much money do you need to have saved? Make sure you know how much of a down payment you have. Talk to a mortgage professional to find out your options with the amount you have saved to put down. Don’t forget closing costs and other fees that are associated with buying a home, which your Realtor can detail for you.
- How much can you afford to spend a month? Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Make sure your monthly payment along with utilities and monthly bills are affordable.
- Should you work with a Buyers Agent? Choosing a Realtor is one of the first decisions you make. Honesty, integrity, knowledge are the qualities you want. Do some research online on the Realtor you are considering or ask them for a few referrals. A buyer’s agent works as an advocate for you! They provide guidance as well open lines of communication and they keep you informed of everything!
If you haven’t already, make sure you consult with a Real Estate Professional who will help you navigate the process and help answer all the questions you have.
Our team of Rutenberg Agents are available to help you at 516-575-7500 or you can find an Realtor here: www.crrli.com/meet.asp
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017