Savvy buyers are home and they are ready to buy. So if you are selling your home right now, you’re in good shape!
If you want to be in even better shape and sell your home faster then the competition, here’s 8 simple steps. These steps don’t cost anything really, but they will prove effective when it comes to the sale of your home.
- Keep it in good condition. When selling, the way you can compete is on condition. Consider having a termite inspection in advance of listing your home, and get as many of the repairs done as you can – it’s a major selling point to be able to advertise a very low or non-existent pest repair bill.
- Prepare the exterior of your home too. Stage the exterior with fresh paint, immaculate landscaping and even outdoor furniture if applicable to the season. Buyers often fantasize about enjoying their backyards by entertaining and spending time outside.
- Access is KEY. Homes that don’t get shown don’t get sold. Don’t make it difficult for agents to get their clients into your home – if they have to make appointments way in advance or during very restrictive times, they’ll likely just cross your place off the list.
- Get real about pricing. Today’s buyers are very educated about the comparable sales in the area, which heavily influence the fair market value of your home. To make your home competitive, have your broker or agent get you the sales prices of the three most similar homes that have sold in your area in the last month or so, then try to go 10-15% below that when you set your home’s list price.
- Know your competition. Work with your broker or agent to get educated about the price, type of sale and condition of the other homes your home is up against. Attend some open houses in your area and do a real estate reality check: know that buyers that see your home will see those homes, too..
- De-clutter. Pack up all your collectables, anything that is sitting on top of a countertop, table or other flat surfaces. Give away what you can, throw away as much as possible of what remains, and then pack the rest to get it ready to move.
- Listen to your agent. If you find an experienced real estate agent to list your home, who has a successful track record of selling homes in your area, listen to their recommendations! Find an agent you trust and follow their advice as often as you can.
If you are in the market to sell your home, call Charles Rutenberg Realty at 516-575-7500. We are the #1 listing and selling agent on Long Island with over 1000 agents to sell your home faster.
Visit www.crrli.com for more info.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017