The housing market has picked up!
According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) the nationwide average is 5.1 months of inventory, that’s about 10 percent below what we had last year. Lower inventory supplies typically mean that demand is up. In real estate, this means more buyers are purchasing homes.
So, the good news is that buyers are ready! The other news (it’s not bad!) is that it will take a bit more time and effort to find them a home! Can you believe it? Now that buyers are ready, it’s going to take more to find them a home. A catch 22? Not really.
If you are under the impression that it is going to be difficult to find your buyers the home they want in this market, think again! Here are some creative ways you can find your buyers a home when inventory is tight!
- Old Listing Presentations. Go back to all the listing presentations you have done over the past 3-5 years in which you did not get the listing. If the home still hasn’t sold, contact the seller. Even if your current buyers don’t buy the home, you may get the listings!
- Expireds and Withdrawns. Start with listings you had that expired or were pulled off the market. Search the MLS for expirded and withdrawns that haven’t sold either. Remind the homeowner that you are not seeking the listing, you just want the opportunity to show it to your buyers, if they are still up to sell.
- For Sale Buy Owner. Wait! Hear this out. If the home is absolutley suited for your client call the home owner or mail them something.
- Social Media. Post about the market and how buyers are ready to buy and how sellers are selling. Someone thinking of selling may be ready to call you after they read your posts.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017