With many of our previous posts on the real estate industry we wanted to change it up this week!
“Simplicity is the key to brilliance” – Bruce Lee
Here’s a refreshing post on a few ways to keep life your simple. With the ups and downs of the real estate market and life in general, there’s a lot to do and so little time.
So we did some research and found a few things you can do to keep life simple, so there’s more time to enjoy the things that bring you happiness.
- Develop a life philosophy. Before you make a change, you need to know why you’re changing your life. What’s the purpose? What is your life philosophy, a distilled set of principles that reflect your values.
- Divide up your tasks into must-dos and want-dos, and eliminate everything else. Make a list of what you have to do, such as pay taxes, eat and sleep. Then there is your want-dos, the things you love doing! This is the fun stuff that advances your life philosophy. Everything else? Junk them.
- Reduce clutter, both physical & mental. Clutter is excessive. With unnecessary things piling up in our homes, offices and minds, simplicity becomes impossible.
- List and Destroy. When overwhelmed, quickly write a ‘Things Bothering Me” list. It will give you a clearer sense of what you need to do. Include “things to do, things people said, things you don’t like,” from nasty comments to the phone call you need to make. Focus on one item at a time and ask yourself, ‘what is the next thing I should do about this item?'”
- Back to the Present. Everyone simplifies by trying to change their past. Throw things away, organize your belongings, donate some clothes or ditch some friends. Look at what you already have. Cherish your friends and wear your favorite shirt to pieces.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017