Part of the path to success in real estate is being able to spot opportunists in the market. Or, working with a brokerage that lets you know about these opportunities!
Here’s another great opportunity for your business, shared with us by Ruth Pfeffer, Charles Rutenberg’s Director of Operations.
According to the KCM Blog, the largest demographic the history of our nation is scheduled to arrive in the next 2+ decades! Realtors should be aware of this and start thinking about ways to capture these consumers.
The industry term is called “Silver Tsunami.” Why because 10,000 people turn 65 daily in the United States. Today there are 34+ million Seniors (aged 65+) and by the year 2030 over 34 million will live in the U.S. The leading edge of the Baby Boomer generation (born between1946 and 1964) will gently wake us all up and make us aware of their life needs.
Don’t leave working with Seniors to someone else. Here’s a few things to keep in mind as this market grows:
- Be patient Many seniors have lived in their homes for more than twenty years. In that time, many changes have occurred in the real estate industry.
- Ask questions If you don’t get all the information, you won’t give the right advice or make the right decision. Find out if your senior client has a will, a business plan, and any special needs.
- Don’t generalize about your senior client Not all seniors are alike, nor do they have the same goals or wherewithal. Some are healthier, more alert and more active than others, and have vastly different financial needs.
- Get the right information suited for his/her individual needs Find proactive solutions. Home selling and buying solutions must be found that will offer the best opportunity to preserve and enhance the money generated from the home sale and reinvestment into another home.
Considering a Senior Real Estate Designation (SRES)!
By earning the SRES® Designation, you will gain the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50+ through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home. You will receive special training, gets regular updates, and is prepared to offer the options and information needed in making life changing decisions.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://rutenbergblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Ruth.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Courtesy of Ruth Pfeffer, Director of Operations at Charles Rutenberg Realty L.I.[/author_info] [/author]
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017