Should I stage my home before I sell it?
In the past decade, home staging services have grown in leaps and bounds. Once considered a service that was not necessary for selling a home has become an important part of the selling process.
Staging is a strategic marketing tool designed to show a property in its best possible light. Professional stagers and many realtors believe in the power of this technique – potential buyers can see all the possibilities and sellers can get top-dollar and a quicker sale.
According to the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA):
- Professionally listed staged properties simply look better
- Spend 73% less time on the market
- Typically sell for more money
- End up on buyers’ “must see” lists
- Are viewed as “well-maintained;” and have fewer concessions requested of the seller
So what’s the verdict? Staging your home BEFORE selling it leads to a faster sale.
If you are selling your home, ask your Realtor about using a professional home staging service. If, if the cost is too high – ask what you can do to stage the home on your own. Every bit helps!
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017