Timing is everything when it comes to successfully selling a home.
According to Realtor.com, “Prime home-buying season begins in April and reaches its peak in June.” This is the window of opportunity to sell your home faster and for more money. According to a survey by Zillow, homes sold from mid-March to mid-April sell around 15 percent faster and for 2 percent more than the average listing.
Still not sure if you should list your home? Here’s 3 more reasons to sell your home this spring:
- Bigger sale price. Prices are highest in the prime season, when the most homes are listed. There are also more buyers in spring and summer, as this is the most convenient time for most people to move. So relative to demand, the supply of homes is actually tighter in spring and summer than in fall and winter.
- Homes look better, days are longer. The flowers are in bloom and buyers are out. Homes look better when the weather is nicer! Daylight saving time also gives buyers more time to look at houses, which means your property can be seen by more buyers during the day. That means a bigger chance for more interested buyers.
- Bidding wars. Bidding wars are a headache for buyers but a big plus for sellers. Bidding wars mean more money in your pocket. They also usually mean buyers are less likely to make repair requests or other demands.
If you are interested in selling your home, we can help! We are here to provide guidance and answers to all of your questions. call us at 516-575-7500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017