It’s a tale as old as time! Should you hire a Realtor or sell your home on your own?
In this blog post, we want to give you the real-life pros and cons of hiring a Realtor vs. selling your home on your own. We’ll let you decide which option is best for you! Once you’ve done that, give us a call or email us with any more questions.
- How much time do you have? It’s a full time job selling a home and that’s why Realtors exist! A Realtor’s full-time job is to act as a liaison between buyers and sellers and get a deal together. A real-estate agent will track down all parties involved and make sure everyone is doing their part. If you’re selling your home on your own, you’ll have to do this yourself which be difficult if have a job, family, and a busy schedule.
- Do you know how to sell? Selling is a skill! Those who are good at it, make a living from it. In order to sell a home you’ll have to solicit calls from interested parties, answer questions and make appointments. Potential buyers will move on if you’re busy or don’t respond quickly enough.
- Are you a good negotiator? Many people think that direct negotiation between buyers and sellers is easier and more transparent. This is probably true in a perfect world. Both parties must be reasonable people who get along. Unfortunately, this isn’t always an easy relationship. Sometimes, it’s easier to have a messenger.
- Do you have the right contracts? A real estate transaction is a big deal. You’ll want to protect yourself. Realtors have access to already prepared, legal documents to protect you. Realtors deal with the same contracts on a daily basis and know which ones to use to keep you, their client, protected.
- Do you know the law? When a buyer and seller work together directly, there isn’t much you can do if you find out later that you’ve been duped about multiple offers or the home’s condition. Having a lawyer on retainer any time you want to discuss the sale of your home can cost more than hiring a Realtor in the first place.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017