According to a a Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Survey, 77% of 18-35 year old Americans surveyed believe they’ve become increasingly knowledgeable about home ownership.
Everywhere these buyers turn, real estate information is at their fingertips. Gen X and Gen Y buyers (18-35 years old) have increased access to media coverage on real estate, especially on Long Island and the metro area. Here’s a few more key findings that you may find useful:
- They’re serious. These buyers are willing to adjust their lifestyle to save for a home by eating out less, working a second job or moving back home with their parents.
- They know their stuff. They’re doing their homework before buying a home. They know interest rates, market statistics and loan details.
- They know when they’re ready. Gen X and Gen Y want to make sure they are ready to own and can truly afford the buy while maintaining their lifestyle.
These buyers are a great opportunity. Here’s a few ways to grow your business with new buyers:
- Know how to use the latest technology tools to deliver them the info they want
- Get a real estate website to give them a place to go online to search
- Market your business online so they can find you and they
- Educate prospective buyers on the market, the pre-approval process & how much home they can afford
[box type=”info”] Don’t forget! Charles Rutenberg offers seminars & training on all the real estate topics you need to stay successful.[/box]
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017