It’s a tough decision to make! As you move into your next home or if you are thinking about making a switch, we’ve done the research to help you. Besides the pricing and packages that each company offers, here’s the core difference of each service:
- Verizon’s Fiber Optic Service (FiOS) completely powers your telephone service. Verizon makes sure that all of its’ FiOS equipment is properly powered and that it stays fully operational, so you will have telephone service even when the power goes out.
- Cablevision relies on the utility company to provide electricity to power its’ equipment to your home. When power goes out and once the Cablevision equipment batteries run-down, phone services cannot be restored until power is restored.
FIBER OPTIC OR CABLE FOR YOUR TV & INTERNET
- FiOS uses fiber optic technology to deliver internet and cable which carries more information at faster speeds than coaxial cable. FiOS stands for Fiber Optic Service that connects to the Internet using light over an optical network. Fiber-optic lines are strands of optically pure glass as thin as a human hair that carry digital information over long distances. FiOS provides higher speeds and sharper picture quality than traditional coaxial cable.
- Cablevision uses coaxial technology, which is coaxial cables that are used for carrying television networks from a distributor to individual homes, which is why it’s termed Cable TV. Their thick, round shape is due to a heavy layer of interior insulation which reduces signal loss. It is used for transmission or receipt over cable television lines and connecting to the Internet. Because cable is shared among multiple tenants, connection can be slower during peak user hours.
If you’re still not sure, this may help! A recent study by the FCC shows that Cablevision’s older hardware means that many users have found significantly slower than advertised speeds. Click here for full study: www.scribd.com/fullscreen/61466242
Ultimately, you want to consider what works best for your budget, type of contract you prefer, and what your need when it comes to cable, internet, and phone!
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017