With over 90% of buyers starting their search online, the internet has become the “go-to” place to start shopping for a home.
The internet, without a doubt, makes shopping for a home fun and easy. You get to see what’s for sale along with pictures, virtual tours and information on the home – without having to pick up the phone and talk to an agent.
But at some point, you’ll want to come up with a strategy for narrowing down your results to the homes you actually want to check out. And trust us, you’ll want to use an agent.
Here’s a few tips when it comes to searching a home online:
- What website are you using? Don’t be fooled. There’s a A LOT of real estate websites, however you want to use the sites that provide the most accurate information. Websites that provide their own exclusive listings and provide you with an MLS Search.
- What is the MLS Search? The MLS Search – found on most real estate websites – is an accurate, real-time feed of all listings for sale in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens. This search is provided by the MLS and is displayed on the office or agent’s website. Be sure to use this search! The last thing you want to do is fall in love with a listing online and call the agent to find out it’s been sold a few months ago.
- Who Should You Contact? If you are working with an agent already have a good relationship call that agent. However if you don’t have an agent either contact the agent or office on the listing you are viewing.
- Can Your Save Your Searches. If the website allows you to create a free account so you can save your search preferences, do it! Most of these accounts will email you listings that meet your criteria on a daily basis. If the website does not provide this, contact your agent to see if they can place you an a listing alert email.
For a list of the latest homes for sale in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Westchester, Putnam counties and more visit www.crrli.com
Feel free to download our FREE Guidebook titled “Buying a Home In New York” here: www.crrli.com/buyer-seller-guide-long-island-house-real-estate.asp
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017