Should I stage my home?
More and more sellers are enlisting the services of a homestager in an effort to help sell their home faster. But, is homestaging really it worth it?
According to StagedHomes.com, “the average unstaged listing sits on the market for 145 days while a professionally staged listing is a mere 29 days.”
A home stager is similar to an interior decorator — with expertise in planning and choosing colors, fabrics, and furniture, and arranging them all in a way that makes your home look its best. The purpose is for the stager’s work to help people fall in love with your place and want to buy it. More specifically, here’s what a stager might do to get your house ready for sale:
- Examine your home from top to bottom, and explain what should be done to get it ready. Together, you and the stager can review the recommendations and costs, and develop a plan of action.
- Identify specific ways to highlight your home’s best features and compensate for its shortcomings. For example, the stager might recommend removing curtains from a window that has a great view.
- Recommend which items of your furniture and household possessions should stay in the house and which should be removed before an open house or showing.
- Bring in furniture, art work, curtains, carpets, pillows, and even artful-yet-homey objects like a bowl of fruit, potted plants, and a welcoming doormat. All carefully matched and chosen to make your house feel like a place where people can call home.
- Add finishing touches before an open house or major showing. For example, the stager might add fresh flowers, or light a candle for a pleasant smell.
With 90% of buyers searching for a home online, photos are critical. The most important step is to make sure that the interior and exterior of the property is showcased to its highest potential which is why staging is so important.
If you have taken these steps, you’ll have created an edge to entice home buyers to take the next and most important step which is to visit your property.
Make sure you talk to your Realtor first if you are unsure about using the services of a homestager or call us at 516-575-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017