Don’t let too much time go by without eating!
A rule of thumb it to try and eat something substantial every three hours. That means small meals or a healthy snack. If you’re on the go alot, there are a few wholesome snacks you can stash in your car for those hunger cravings.
If you don’t satisfy your hunger and wait till the end of the day, you will wind up eating more.
Here’s a few healthy snacks that will stand the test of time in your car:
- Almonds. An ounce of nuts packs tons of protein and fiber, as well as heart-healthy fats that can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol, and magnesium, which may help prevent type 2 diabetes. You can nab all of these benefits without consuming too many calories if you stick to the proper serving size. Try 23 almonds, or a mix. “The rule of thumb is that a serving is about the size of] a shot class.
- Pumpkin Seeds. Pumpkin insides, scooped out to make room for spooky faces, can actually make a healthy little snack once they’re washed, dried, and nicely roasted. Just 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds has about 14 grams of protein, making it the perfect pre-workout snack!
- Nutrition Bar. There’s no shortage of energy bars so be sure to shop smart. Look for bars that contain less than 200 calories and compare the nutritional labels. You want to go with the bar that offers more fiber, less sugar, and adequate protein (about 5 to 10g). In the ingredients list look for more natural sugars, for example, evaporated cane juice or honey. Also, look for nuts to ensure the bar’s fat content is from a healthy source. It’s all about finding the right bar. That means one that isn’t weighed down with not-so-good extras like sugar and unpronounceable ingredients.
Latest posts by Joe Moshe (see all)
- Vote for Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc. - November 15, 2017
- Tax Plan Should Also Include Local and State Tax Deduction to Benefit Homeowners - November 12, 2017
- Pam & Joe Honored as Heroes at CHI 25th Anniversary - November 9, 2017